The Practice can trace its history back to 1957 when David Lincoln, who had been a partner in a firm of Certified Accountants in London, commenced work on his own account. He took on an additional partner, Noel Cannon, (later to become National President of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) who then started a Branch Office in Cambridge.
The Spalding Branch was inaugurated in 1982 under the management of David J Williamson FCCA., who had previously worked in the Cambridge office, using a number of rented rooms in the Market Place, Spalding. In 1985 the Practice moved to its present location at Albion House, Pinchbeck Road, Spalding where it has enjoyed continued growth, serving the South Lincolnshire area and beyond.
In 1995 the Spalding Office became an independent Practice under the name Cannon Williamson admitting John F Ralph FCCA as a partner in 1998.
In 2006 Cannon Williamson were awarded the ACCA 'Quality Checked' mark. This was achieved by demonstrating 'best practice' in all aspects of our business through a rigorous inspection by ACCA compliance officers.
Following the retirement of John Ralph from the practice, David 'Tom' Williamson BSc (Hons) ACCA, son of David J Williamson was admitted as a partner in 2012.